This package is ideal for Junior Leagues that are responsible for a large collection of archival materials and seek a professional assessment of the holdings. The goal of this package is to have professionals manage and create a comprehensive digital archive of all or most of a Leagues’s history. HistoryIT sends an expert to conduct an onsite assessment and meeting with stakeholders; and produces a digital museum, including an online timeline, biography portal and storytelling platform, to manage and share the newly digital historical materials. Digital preservation includes up to 5,000 archival assets*. If the size of your collection exceeds this number, HistoryIT will create a customized plan to add the remaining materials in discrete phases. It requires that your League have at least one point person who is willing to answer questions, as well as organize an on site assessment and meeting with interested parties.
Digital Preservation Services
- HistoryIT will provide a contact person at your Junior League with surveys and questionnaires for you to fill out about your historical materials.
- We send an expert on site for 2-3 days to assess the condition and content of your archival holdings.
- The expert leads a meeting of stakeholders (up to four), such as the expert leads a meeting of stakeholders, such as board members, officers, and members in order to understand how the digital archive will be used.
- If your archive contains fewer than 5,000 archival assets, the HistoryIT expert will work with you to pack and ship all of the materials. If it exceeds this amount, we will determine the best selection of archival assets that fall within the parameters of this package.- We handle the digital preservation imaging, tagging, and rehousing of 5,000 archival assets.
- Should future digital preservation be necessary in order to comprehensively digitally preserve your archive, HistoryIT will produce a customized plan to build a complete digital archive in phases.
- You receive a license to Odyssey™, HistoryIT’s digital preservation platform, so that you may manage, store and tag items in your digital archive. This package’s online presentation is customized specifically for your League.
- Your Odyssey™ license includes a public-facing online timeline that you may manage and share. It will allow your members to follow a visual retrospective of your League and click on digital materials to explore the entirety of the digital museum.
- Your Odyssey™ license includes a Biography Portal, which allows you to track additional details about all of the people referenced in your archive.
- Your Odyssey™ license includes a Storytelling Platform that allows you to build and share digital exhibits from your archive.
- We provide ongoing support as your archive becomes fully digital.
*The exact archival asset count will vary by item type, size, and condition
"*" indicates required fields