HistoryIT’s comprehensive digital preservation services ensure that your history won’t go up in flames or be lost in a fire. Your stories will be permanently preserved and easily shared in a digital museum. From recruitment and alumni communications to fundraising — sharing your stories can have a significant impact.
Digital Preservation Services
- Assessing your historical holdings and technology support needs.
- Talking with stakeholders to collect information about your archival materials and the stories you want to share.
- Developing a customized strategy to organize and digitally preserve your archival holdings.
- Working with you to pack and ship all materials.
- Imaging, tagging, rehousing and managing the selected materials to include in your digital museum.
- Setting up your digital archive & museum in Odyssey®, HistoryIT’s digital preservation platform.
- Implementing your metadata strategy to ensure all materials in the digital museum are fully searchable.
- Building interactive features in your digital museum, such as:
- Dynamic timelines
- Publications archive
- Halls of fame & biography portals
- Storytelling presentations
- Providing ongoing support as your digital museum grows.