When your chapter or alumni association is responsible for a large collection of archival materials in need of professional management, this package will prove invaluable.
Our team of trusted specialists starts by conducting an on-site* assessment of all of your archival materials in order to create a customized plan for your online chapter digital museum. We conduct up to four stakeholder meetings, during which we learn more about your history and how you might use a digital museum. This package allows for the digital preservation of up to 5,000 assets, which usually is all or most of a chapter’s collection. We image, catalog and tag your items and put them in your digital archive and museum. Enjoy exclusive features on your digital museum site, including the biography portal and storytelling platform, so you can showcase distinguished members and narrate your organization’s historical achievements.
Digital Preservation Services
- Data extraction: We provide surveys and questionnaires to your organization’s primary point of contact to collect information about your historical materials.
- On-site* expert audit: We send a HistoryIT expert on-site* for two-three days to assess the condition and content of your archival holdings.
- Stakeholder meetings: A HistoryIT expert leads private meetings of up to four stakeholders, such as board members, chapter officers, and alumni and collegiate members, in order to gather input about what stories you want to share and how best to use your digital chapter museum.
- Historical asset shipment: For archives containing fewer than 5,000 archival assets**, a HistoryIT expert will work with you to pack and ship all materials. For archives exceeding 5,000 assets, we will determine the most appropriate selection of assets for the package.
- Digital preservation: We handle the digital preservation imaging, tagging, rehousing, and management of up to 5,000 of your archival assets.**
- Strategic archive planning: Should your organization require future digital preservation services, HistoryIT will create a customized plan for growing your digital archive and museum.
- Odyssey™ license verification: You receive a license to Odyssey™, HistoryIT’s digital preservation platform, allowing you to store, tag, and manage items in your digital archive and museum.
- Interactive digital timeline: Your Odyssey™ license includes an online timeline that’s fully accessible to the public. Easily managed and shared, it will allow your members and alumni the ability to follow a visual retrospective of your chapter, as they click on digital materials to explore the full digital museum.
- Composite presentation: Your digitally preserved composites are viewable and searchable in a customized presentation. Click on any face to see positions held and locate additional materials in your digital museum.
- Biography portal: Your Odyssey™ license includes an advanced portal that provides you with the capabilities to track additional details about every person your museum references.
- Storytelling platform: Your Odyssey™ license gives you the freedom to build and share exhibits directly from your archive at your digital museum.
- Client support: We provide ongoing support as your digital museum grows.