The joy of belonging springs from a collective history. Shared experiences foster life-long friendships.
History evokes emotions, bolsters engagement and inspires members to learn, to grow and to give. Should your chapter’s history be lost to fire, to flood, to time — you won’t just lose dusty papers, you’ll lose the story.
The experience is seamless and results in a digital chapter house museum where men and women can search for their bigs, their grands, their parents and even themselves by name or by year.
- On-site photographic preservation: A HistoryIT Digital Imaging Expert will travel to your location to review and shoot preservation images of all of your fraternity or sorority composites.
- Fully tagged & searchable digital museum: HistoryIT’s metadata specialists ensure every individual, officer position, year and more are tagged.
- Onsite digital experiences: Custom created Digital Composite Interactives offer members and visitors the opportunity to search and view images while visiting chapter houses.
This package is ideal for chapters and alumni associations that have pre-defined materials critical to their history that are in the most immediate need of digital preservation.
- Consultative services: Provides best practices in organization and preservation of archival holdings.
- Digital archive and online timeline: Enhance management and increase engagement with newly uploaded digital historical assets to a chapter digital museum.
- Digital Preservation of 1,000 Archival Assets*: Materials selected by the chapter and managed by the chapter point person; digitally preserved by HistoryIT; cataloged and tagged by chapter volunteers.
Chapters and alumni associations who have a dedicated manager to work one-on-one with HistoryIT’s expert support to create a sizeable digital museum experience will benefit the most from the Advanced Digital Preservation Package.
- Expert support and strategic planning: A fully-customized plan is developed to organize and digitally preserve archival holdings.
- Digital archive and online timeline: Enhance management and increase engagement with newly uploaded digital historical assets to a digital museum.
- Biography portal: Allows chapters to easily showcase distinguished members in the digital museum.
- Digital Preservation of 2,500 Archival Assets*: Materials selected by the chapter and managed by the chapter point person.
For chapters and alumni associations who have been good custodians of their history, but are not in a position to hire a historian to manage and implement an industry-best digital archive, the Professional Digital Preservation Package is recommended.
- On-site expert audit: A HistoryIT historian will conduct in-person stakeholder meetings, assess archival materials and produce a customized strategic digital preservation plan.
- Storytelling platform: An all-in-one solution to help share your chapter’s historical narrative through exhibits in the digital museum.
- Digital Preservation of 5,000 Archival Assets*: Materials selected by HistoryIT in collaboration with the chapter and managed by HistoryIT.
Those chapters and alumni associations who have collected an extensive library of historical materials for a major milestone event or simply due to their age and size often need a more complete digital archival solution. This is an ideal package to invest in when leading up to or launching a major milestone experience.
This suite of services includes all those in the Professional package plus:
- Milestone celebration retrospective: Comprehensive on-site and online presentation of your chapter’s history — detailing major campaigns, highlighting key members and celebrating historic moments in a manner that communicates complete chapter experience.
- Digital Preservation of 10,000 Archival Assets*: Materials selected by HistoryIT in collaboration with the chapter and managed by HistoryIT.
"*" indicates required fields