HistoryIT is seeking to hire full time Project Specialists. The primary role the Project Specialist will be in performing various tasks related to project management and metadata including, but not limited to, evaluations, handling historical materials, entering data, conducting research, assessing materials to create meaningful links, and uploading records to HistoryIT’s Odyssey Preservation System.
Being part of the HistoryIT team demands hard work but offers real rewards for successful efforts. We are looking for people who want to grow and thrive with the company. Regular employee reviews will provide the opportunity for upward mobility, redefined responsibilities, and salary enhancements. For the right individual, eager and able to work in the intersecting worlds of history and technology, this position offers the opportunity for growth into a leadership position in a dynamic, expanding company.
This job can be performed onsite (Portland, ME), remotely, or as a hybrid.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment
- Proficient with Google Suite
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in History or related field
- Extensive knowledge of U.S. history, historiography, and historical practices
- Technological literacy; comfort learning and using new technologies
- Experience using basic database or spreadsheet software; data-entry experience
- Knowledge of archival practices
- Extensive experience in online research methods and resources
- Familiarity of common metadata standards – Dublin Core, MODS, METS, etc.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Strong visual ability to read document content (including typed and handwritten materials) and computer displays for long periods of time
- Ability to lift up to 15 pounds
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to [email protected] in order to be considered for this position.