HistoryIT is seeking to hire a full-time Project Director. The primary role of the Project Director will be in performing various tasks related to project management including, but not limited to leading assessment review teams, and developing, implementing and overseeing project tasks and direct reports.
Being part of the HistoryIT team demands hard work but offers real rewards for successful efforts. We are looking for people who want to grow and thrive with the company. Regular employee reviews will provide the opportunity for upward mobility, redefined responsibilities, and salary enhancements.
This job can be performed onsite (Portland, ME), remotely, or as a hybrid.
- Contributes to performance evaluations.
- Assists in handling discipline and termination of employees in accordance with company policy.
- Motivate and encourage the team to ensure goals are met.
- Assists in resolving customer complaints, staffing problems, and other issues that may interfere with efficient operations.
- Acts as mentor to metadata and project specialists.
- Oversees the daily workflow of assigned projects.
- Develop, implement and oversee project tasks.
- Manage project budgets.
- Interact with clients to provide regular updates, seek feedback, and manage requests.
- Leads assessment review teams.
- Perform project, metadata, and quality-control tasks as needed.
- Acts as a resource to the metadata team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in History or related field preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of U.S. history, historiography, and historical practices preferred.
- Technological literacy; comfort learning and using new technologies.
- Experience using basic database or spreadsheet software; data-entry experience.
- Knowledge of archival practices.
- Extensive experience in online research methods and resources.
- Familiarity of common metadata standards – Dublin Core, MODS, METS, etc.
- Approximately 10 percent of time is travel to client sites.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Strong visual ability to read document content (including typed and handwritten materials) and computer displays for long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to [email protected] in order to be considered for this position.