HistoryIT is looking for an Office Manager to join our growing team. We are a group of innovators in the dynamic space of digital archives and museums. We’re united by our shared values of curiosity, creativity, equity and loyalty.
This position is located in HistoryIT’s South Portland, Maine office and would work 20 hours per week.
The primary role of HistoryIT’s Office Manager will be in performing various tasks related to the daily management of office administration.
- Managing and maintaining office supplies
- Greeting visitors and providing general administrative support to employees
- Answering telephone calls and emails from customers and clients and directing them to relevant staff
- Serving as the point person for office maintenance, supplies, mailings, client shipments, and equipment inventories
- Interfacing with clients, as well as shipping and moving companies, regarding incoming and outgoing archive shipments
- Maintaining inventory of client materials
- Undertaking any work related shopping and errands
- Maintaining the office condition and arranging necessary repairs
- Coordinating with CTO on all office equipment
- Managing office G&A budget, ensuring accurate and timely reporting
- Addressing employees’ queries regarding office management issues (e.g. stationery, Hardware and travel arrangements)
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Proficient with Google Suite.
Education and Experience:
- 2+ years of recent, full-time administrative support
- A can-do attitude and natural ability to adapt in a dynamic environment
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs.
$15 – $20/hour
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to [email protected] in order to be considered for this position.