Do you want to be part of a growing and innovative company that is changing the way we record and present history? Are you the type of person who jumps in with both feet when it comes to organizing anything and everything? Do you thrive on managing multiple demands in a fast-paced environment? Are you easy to work with? If yes, then read on!
HistoryIT is looking for an Office Manager to join our growing team. We are a group of innovators in the dynamic space of digital archives and museums. We’re united by our shared values of curiosity, creativity, equity and loyalty.
HistoryIT is headquartered in South Portland, Maine, with outposts in Chicago, Indianapolis and Pittsburgh. We include managers, software developers, preservation imagers, metadata geeks and more. We are proud to support organizations of all types and sizes in our ongoing commitment to saving and sharing history.
The person in this role must live local to Portland, ME, as they will play a critical role in daily operations at headquarters. Both part-time and full-time applications will be considered.
Working at HistoryIT can accelerate your career and give you the opportunity to work with world-class talent. We’re a team that loves what we do and we all thrive on our ability to make an impact. Working with us comes with many benefits, such as paid time off, health and dental insurance, matched 401K, paid parental leave and more.
Don’t wait. Apply now to join our team today!
- 2+ years of recent, full-time administrative support
- Experience working in a rapidly growing environment preferably in technology
- High proficiency in Google Workspace and all things spreadsheets
- A can-do attitude and natural ability to adapt in a dynamic environment
The primary role of HistoryIT’s Office Manager will be in performing various tasks related to the daily management of office administration, including but not limited to:
- Scheduling meetings and appointments
- Managing and maintaining office supplies
- Greeting visitors and providing general administrative support to employees
- Answering telephone calls and emails from customers and clients and directing them to relevant staff
- Serving as the point person for office maintenance, supplies, mailings, client shipments and equipment inventories
- Interfacing with clients, as well as shipping and moving companies, regarding incoming and outgoing archive shipments
- Maintaining inventory of client materials
- Billing, invoicing and general financial reporting
- Reporting office progress to senior management and working with them to improve office operations and procedures
- Booking travel arrangements
- Undertaking any work related shopping and errands
- Maintaining the office condition and arranging necessary repairs
- Coordinating with CTO on all office equipment
- Managing office G&A budget, ensuring accurate and timely reporting
- Addressing employees’ queries regarding office management issues (e.g. stationery, hardware and travel arrangements)
- Attending meetings, taking notes and assigning followup tasks
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to [email protected] in order to be considered for this position. The cover letter must contain a link to a posted video, per the following:
- Record a 3ish minute video – nothing fancy, but this is your chance to wow us. Don’t be shy.
- In the video, introduce yourself and address each of the following:
- Your work history and how it is relevant to this position
- Why you would be the perfect person for this role
- How you handle stress and pressure
- How you manage your time; Day / Week
- If you are a cat or dog person
- If you prefer coffee or tea
- Upload your video to YouTube/Vimeo/Dropbox and put the share link in your cover letter.