Are you the type of person who jumps in with both feet when it comes to organizing others? Do you thrive on managing multiple demands in a fast-paced environment? Are you easy to work with? If yes, then read on!
HistoryIT is looking for an Executive Administrator to join our growing team. We are a group of innovators in the dynamic space of digital archives and museums. We’re united by our shared values of curiosity, creativity, equity and loyalty.
HistoryIT is headquartered in Portland, Maine, with outposts in Chicago, Indianapolis and Pittsburgh. We include managers, software developers, preservation imagers, metadata geeks, and more. We are proud to support organizations of all types and sizes in our ongoing commitment to saving and sharing history. The person in this role will ideally live local to Portland, ME, but outstanding remote candidates will also be considered.
You’re good at:
- Organizing all things in life
- Moving fast with minimal/no errors
- Technology and determined to learn new things quickly
- Being extremely adaptable and cost-effective
Extra awesome if:
- You’re highly adaptable and driven
- You have a never say never attitude
- You’re able to catch even the smallest grammar mistakes
- You’re local to the Portland, Maine area
Working at HistoryIT can accelerate your career and give you the opportunity to work with world-class talent. We’re a team that loves what we do and we all thrive on our ability to make an impact. Working with us comes with many benefits, such as paid time off, health and dental insurance, matched 401K, parental leave, and more.
Don’t wait! Apply now to join our team today!
The regular responsibilities in this role include, but are not limited to:
- Providing strategic administrative and project management support for the executive team
- Processing and managing emails and calendars
- Scheduling internal and external meetings
- Drafting and managing correspondence and communications on behalf of the executives, as appropriate
- Initiating and completing orders and purchases
- Attending meetings, taking notes and assigning followup tasks
- Booking travel and accommodations and meticulously filing expenses
- Processing payroll, accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Maintaining and running financial reports
What you’ll need:
- 2+ years of recent, full-time administrative support, reporting to one or more executives
- Experience working with executives in a rapidly growing environment preferably in technology
- High proficiency in Google Workspace and all things spreadsheets
- A can-do attitude and natural ability to adapt in a dynamic environment
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to [email protected] in order to be considered for this position. The cover letter must contain a link to a posted video, per the following:
- Record a 3ish minute video – nothing fancy, but this is your chance to wow us. Don’t be shy.
- In the video, introduce yourself and address each of the following:
- Your work history and how it is relevant to this position
- Why you would be the perfect person for this role
- How you handle stress and pressure
- How you manage your time; Day / Week
- If you are a cat or dog person
- If you prefer coffee or tea
- Upload your video to YouTube/Vimeo/Dropbox (make private) and put the share link in your cover letter.