Do you want to be part of a growing and innovative company that is changing the way we record and present history? Do you thrive when working to grow and implement strategy, or learning about different industries and histories? Do you want to be a part of a smart, forward thinking company?
HistoryIT is seeking an Archives Manager to work on a multitude of projects. They will be responsible for inventorying, organizing and rehousing physical materials, as well as comparing the physical archive with the digital archive files. The person in this position must have excellent organizational skills and possess a keen attention to detail. They will work in HistoryIT’s Portland office and will have the ability to work evenings and weekends on occasion.
This is an intermediate, full-time position offering $50,000 – $60,000/year plus benefits. The ideal candidate must have experience processing and handling archival and digital collections, as well as a proven track record managing direct reports. Relocation assistance available to those outside the Portland, Maine, metro area.
- Experience working with archival collections
- Familiarity with digital archive management software systems
- Knowledge of records management issues and best practices
- Knowledge of digital content standards and metadata schemas
- A self-starter that enjoys working with people in a team capacity and independently
- Organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects at different stages
- An appreciation for the importance of historical preservation
- Evidence of effective project planning, management, and completion
- Ability to be flexible and agile
- Bachelor’s degree
- Driver’s license
- Ability to lift at least 40 pounds
- Ability to set and manage priorities judiciously
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Keen attention to detail
- Employee’s primary duty must be reorganizing and rehousing a physical collection
- Plans, schedules, and implements processing workflows
- Coordinates the transfer of records between HistoryIT facilities and client locations, including management of the delivery and pickups with moving and delivery services
- Documents standards, policies and best practices related to archival management
- Interviews, hires, and manages archival processing staff
- Other duties as assigned
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to [email protected] in order to be considered for this position. The cover letter must contain a link to a posted video, per the following:
- Record a 3ish minute video – nothing fancy, but this is your chance to wow us. Don’t be shy.
- In the video, introduce yourself and address each of the following:
- Your work history and how it is relevant to this position
- Why you would be the perfect person for this role
- How you handle stress and pressure
- How you manage your time; Day / Week
- If you are a cat or dog person
- If you prefer coffee or tea
- Upload your video to YouTube/Vimeo/Dropbox (make private) and put the share link in your cover letter.